Lesbian and Gay Veterinary Medical Association
Applications Open for the
2013 LGVMA Veterinary Student Leadership Awards
Thanks to the generosity of Zoetis, LGVMA is proud to offer two (2) leadership grants in 2013 to veterinary students, each in an amount not to exceed $1,500 for leadership activities and/or programs that are aligned with the LGVMA’s organizational mission and vision.
Specifically, grant requests will be accepted and considered for proposals in the following areas:
1) Veterinary medical students who seek assistance to participate in leadership development programs/conferences that will enhance their personal leadership skills and foster their active participation in organized veterinary medicine. (Eg: travel, lodging, registration for conferences, etc)
2) Veterinary students who wish to develop and implement programs within the veterinary community that are aligned with the LGVMA mission and vision. (Eg: lecture program, fundraiser, community development, school chapter events, etc.
Mission: The LGVMA is the professional organization that fosters acceptance, inclusivity and leadership for veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and veterinary students, of all sexual orientations and gender identities, and their allies, through community development, professional advocacy, and personal empowerment.
Vision: Our vision is a veterinary profession in which we all live to our full potential, both personally and professionally, conduct our lives openly and with integrity, and freely share our experience and wisdom for the betterment of and care of ourselves, our profession, our clients and all animals.
Interested individuals or groups should submit a 1 page proposal to email@example.com. Including:
1) A brief personal biography
2) An overview of your leadership grant request and how it meets our mission and vision.
3) Brief itemized cost for this grant* and/or program** amount being requested (not to exceed $1500)
4) An outcome statement describing short and long term goals
5) Applicant must be a member of the LGMVA and veterinary student in a North American or similarly accredited school at the time of submission. LGVMA membership is open to everyone, regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation. To become a member visit us online: www.lgvma.org
6) Final written report post-event required for newsletter, Good News!
Application deadline: December 15, 2013.
Grant recipients to be announced by: mid-January 2014
548 Castro Street #492, San Francisco, CA 94114 firstname.lastname@example.org